I JUST KNOW I'M GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS...
But fair is fair. Yesterday's article was about Todd. The "average" American male. You can see it HERE
I have no picture of the average American female without her clothes. (At least none that I would actually publish.) The best I could do was a silhouette. But it still makes the point.
Take note that the average American female today weighs almost exactly the same as the average American male did in 1962.
Male or female the risks associated with this trend are the the same. Mortality rates for male and female are getting closer together every year. So here are just some of the possible dangers for both sexes:
69% of all Americans are overweight
· 35.1% of all Americans are obese, 40% of those between 55-64
· One third of all Americans have high blood pressure, 51% of those between 55 and 64
· Almost 1 of every 8 Americans are diabetic, 1 in 5 of those between 55 and 64
· 1 in 3 people have pre-diabetes and 90% of them don’t even know it!
· Just under one third have high Cholesterol
· Obesity is the Number 2 cause of death in the U.S. and within 2 to 3 years may replace tobacco as the Number 1 cause of death
· Excess weight and obesity cause :
-High blood pressure
-11different kinds of cancer
In short, average kinda sucks. Today's average is, in fact, below average.
Screw average. Strive for more.
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated and will posted once approved